Camping and Caravanning in the Gold Coast Region
The Gold Coast is the sixth largest city in Australia and one of the fastest growing regions in our country.
Covering an area of 1400 square kilometres, the city’s boundaries extend from just south of Beenleigh to Coolangatta, taking in South Stradbroke Island and part of Moreton Bay and extending west to the hinterland of Mount Tamborine and the Lamington and Darlington Ranges.
Famous for its sun, surf and sand, the Gold Coast stretches along 57 kilometres of coastline. Beyond the beautiful beaches is a vast rainforest hinterland with breathtaking scenery – all a short drive from our regional centres.
City of Gold Coast offers an abundance of attractions, including:
- 260 kilometres of navigable waterways (nine times more than Venice)
- Regional Botanic Gardens and more than 2000 parks covering approximately 21,000 hectares
- major shopping centres, small boutiques, specialty shops and markets
- restaurants and cafes offering cuisine from around the world
- evening entertainment from nightclubs, restaurants, clubs, hotels and Jupiters Casino to art galleries, Broadway musicals and theatre
- a large selection of wildlife and theme parks
- tropical rainforest hinterland with abundant wildlife and numerous bush walks
- world-class sporting and recreational facilities
- a huge range of accommodation from five-star international resorts to camping grounds. (source: www.visitgoldcoast.com)